The game will display “TIC” on your score display when the game has tried to pay tickets but has not seen the sense signal from the ticket dispenser change state. Here are some steps to trouble shoot this condition:
1) Swap the ticket dispenser with a known good dispenser.
2) Check the harnessing and connections to the main board at connector J4.
3) Check for +12vdc between the orange and the black wire at the ticket dispenser. If no voltage, then check for voltage at the J4 pins 2 and 4.
4) Check for ticket notch signal (+5vdc going low when optic is blocked) at the ticket dispenser between the violet with a blue trace and black. If not found, then check for the notch signal at the main board connector J4 pins 1 and 5.
5) Check for the ticket run signal (+3vdc - +5vdc) between the violet with white trace and black at the ticket mech.
a. If no voltage, then check at J4 pins 3 and 5.
b. If there is no signal from the main board then replace U6 on main board or send the main board in for repair and return or advance replacement.