1.05 introduces changes to error conditions.
Soft errors (recoverable) vs. hard errors (fatal).
A change was made that adjusted how error 1 works. If a ball is attempted to be dispensed 2 times in a row without the front ball eject sensor triggering, either because it is faulty, the ball ready sensor is faulty or the ball physically did not come out, a soft error will be set.
The ball will then attempt to dispense out of the other side when pressed until the error is cleared. If the ball cannot be dispensed out of the other side because of no balls then it will try 2 more times before setting the hard error code. If the other side also has the “soft” error then the original side is again attempted 2 times before setting a hard error code.
So a fatal error will occur on the first side after 6 balls if neither side can dispense a ball but it is allowed to try, or after 4 attempts if all balls are on one side.
The lower stadium light will be out in attract if the error happened 2 times only by the end of the game. This will signify that there was potentially an error but not bad enough to take the game down. At the start of each game all soft errors are cleared.
● 2 types of errors are internally generated.
- Hard Error, 4 times total trying to dispense a ball without success locks the game up.
- Soft Error, 2 times trying to dispense a ball without success does not lock up the game.
● Anytime a ball exit sensor is seen it will zero out the error, both hard and soft on that side.
● At game start all soft errors will be cleared if they exist.
- This means that in order for a hard error to occur, that side must fail 4 times (2 sets of 2) during the same game.
- Upon 2 dispenses without a ball exiting on one side, a soft error flag will be set.
● If the button is pressed on the side with a soft error:
- If the opposite side is not in a soft error the ball will attempt the other side.
- If the opposite side is in soft error then the side pressed will attempt to dispense a ball.
● If the game ends with a hard error then the marquee shall be red
● Even though we have a soft error on one side and it is trying the other, the Button light will still light since it will still move to the other side (if there is a ball available).
● If soft error tries to go to other side and finds no ball ready then it will try on the same side again.
- This means that if all balls on 1 side that then fails, it will take 4 ball dispense attempts before game generates a hard error.
- If the side with a soft error attempts to dispense on the opposite side and it also fails to dispense a ball (with ball ready) it will take 6 ball dispense attempts for hard error or 8 for both sides to generate hard errors
● A soft error on the left in attract mode will turn off the left lower stadium light.
● A soft error on the right in attract mode will turn off the right lower stadium light.